A message from this year’s chair
Welcome to the Churches Together in Bishop’s Stortford (CTBS) website.
The main reason that I love this group of churches is that we collectively decided to celebrate the things we have in common and seek to understand those things that we see differently.
To me that is not only a model which churches should adopt but also something people of all ethnicity, cultures and backgrounds should seek to do. If we are honest with ourselves, we all need to search for healing in some of our relationships because it is in our relationships that we find meaning to life itself – in fact a relationship with God IS life itself.
In adopting this approach, it is natural to reach out to those who are more vulnerable than ourselves and collectively CTBS do this through several focused events during the year and also through their associate group members:
Worship and Prayer
- CTBS Service of Unity, marking the National and International Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.
- Lent in Inter-church Home-groups to study God’s Word
- Walk of Witness through the town centre on Good Friday
- Pray together for the needs of our community and the wider world during the Bishop’s Stortford Week of Prayer in May;
- Celebrate together at the Bishop’s Stortford Carnival in June
- Winter Night Shelter
- Bishop’s Stortford Foodbank
- Street Pastors
- Money Advice Service
- Family Contact Centre
- Thirst Cafe
- Stort Valley Schools’ Trust.
- Holiday Bible Week
- Company at Christmas
- Christian Aid