Holiday Bible Week is a community effort put together by members of churches all over Bishop’s Stortford, Thorley and further afield. There’s a central committee with members from these churches that meet regularly to plan and organise everything that is needed for each years event.
As a community of churches together we invest heavily financially, in time and in effort to enable the 500+ children to take part in a wide variety of activities – all centred around Jesus Christ and the Bible. We have now run the event for more than 30 years.
- To build up relationships between the churches and the local community.
- To bring children into a caring and loving environment where they are valued and relationships matter.
- To present Christian teaching in a relevant way through the activities, and to reflect it in team relationships.
- To encourage the development of social skills and moral values.
- To introduce children to Jesus and the church.
- To provide interesting, stimulating and creative activities outside of the school environment.
- To offer the opportunity to develop new skills and discover new interests.
- To let children discover positive ways of having fun.
- To enable people from churches to work together and display true Christian unity.
For more information visit :https://holidaybibleweek.co.uk/